Friday, December 6, 2013

WHAT WILL I DO WITH MY LIFE?!/Escalator Theory

You know me. I'm your friendly, neighborhood Spanish/ESL other culture-loving ginger!
Here are some fun facts about what I SAID God WOULD do with my life in high school and in college. In italics, you can see my thoughts now lolololol

1. I was meant to be an elementary school teacher. Then I volunteered at Westside Elementary. I was happy...for about an hour. Scratch that.

2. After a year of being a teen "lawyer" at Teen Court, two years of Mock Trial, and an emotional episode of Law and Order: SVU, I just knew I'd be an attorney who worked with human trafficking cases. Turns out you can't be an attorney and just fight that. And I don't like rhetoric or dumb legal research. It's more fun to pretend to be an attorney. Lame.

3. I would then have a date to my junior prom. :( At least Mom bought me a laptop to make up for no prom dress. Yeah, looking back on the next year at senior prom, I'd take the laptop any day. Prom is dumb.

4. After junior prom was dateless, I vowed that I would work at a Christian bookstore in college, and I'd meet my future husband in the Spanish book section. He'd be Puerto Rican, ginger, and a youth pastor. LOLOLOLOL

5. A young, single youth pastor DID give me his number in my college cafeteria once! Just not a ginger Puerto Rican. And he was a total flirt who never answered my texts. Loser.

6. I couldn't care less about my university choice, so I'd just go to University of North Florida and live with Mama Karen and Papa John till I finished my degree. Yeah no. No. No.

7. Then, I would teach at Baker County High School. That WAS a nice place, but I prefer Tally :)

8. And then I'd go to Latin America as a missionary until God sent me a husband. Kinda cool what God did with that instead!

To my high school pals and troubled other 20-somethings who are pacing and twitching and having reflective chats with your folks about "What am I to do with my life???" never fear, my amigo. Your lack of fear will come from my theory called "The Escalator of Local Mall."

See, on an escalator, you stand...and wait....and if you are a patient chap (har har har for British words!) it will take you where you need to be, one step at a time. But you must wait, nino (har har har for Spanglish!!!)

I sure am NOT an elementary teacher, and last time I checked, my fiancĂ© homeboy is not a ginger puertoriqueno youth pastor. No. Homes is a dark-haired meteorologist.

But am I happy and satisfied, knowing I'm 100% where I need to be?

Oh yes indeed.
 
 
 
 
 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment